Sunday, November 7, 2010

4: Dinner With My Neighbors

After making this homemade pesto sauce I sat down for dinner with my neighbors to catch up.  I have lived next door to them April 2009. They have become good friends, and it had been awhile since we all enjoyed a meal together. The homemade pesto sauce was the highlight of our meal, so of course I had I had to blog about it with a picture.

They cooked fresh pasta to toss in the pesto as well as a butter-coated biscuit loaf, and a salad of fresh arugula and broccoli from the farmer’s market and a balsamic/olive oil vin to top the salad. I paired a trebbiano d’abruzzo with this meal. The floral essence, pear and apple flavors, and crisp nature of this wine cut through the creaminess of the meal quite nicely.

I’ll be adding some of my favorite recipes over the course of the next couple weeks. Some personal highlights include bolognese, silky cauliflower soup, and branzino. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment